Lincoln Car Dealership, Miami, Florida..
Full Architectural and Engineering Services, Planning, Interiors, Construction Administration, Owner Representation, Site Selection, Public Hearings, Permit Consulting & Expediting
Retail Shopping Centers, National Chain Stores, Restaurants, Car Dealerships/Maintenance Facilities , Libraries, Healthcare/Medical, Wellness Facilities, Hospitality, Educational/Child Day Cares, Adult Living Facilities, Offices/Warehouses, Market Rate Multi Family Residences/Affordable Housing, Hurricane Resistant Construction.
Angel C. Saqui, Sr. studied Architecture under the modernist architectural movements of the BAUHAUS and the CIAM (Congrése Internationaux d'Architectur Moderne).
He graduated as Civil Constructor in La Habana, Cuba in 1951 from La Escuela Superior de Artes y Oficios de La Habana (Superior School of Arts and Trades of La Habana).
He immediately began a Design-Build practice that included apartments, single homes, a Long Play Disc Factory, a Gofio Cereal Factory, the reconstruction of old classical architecture buildings and other miscellaneous projects.
In 1957 he opened an office in La Habana dedicated to the design of single home subdivisions.
When private practice collapsed in 1959, he began working for the government.
His first project was a School City for 20,000 children in the mountains of La Sierra Maestra followed by a Fishermen's Village in the city of Manzanillo which included a shipyard, a school, a market and over 2,500 prefabricated concrete homes in the surrounding areas.
In the City of Santa Clara he designed and built 200 prefabricated houses with roofs made of thin clay tiles laid in catenary curve layout (to avoid the use of reinforced concrete which was scarce).
Around the City of Placetas, he controlled the construction of multiple projects, including projects in the near-by Mountains of El Escambray.
In 1961 he moved back to the City of La Habana where until 1967, he worked in a number of important government projects.
In May of 1967 he emigrated with his family to the USA. settling In Atlanta, Georgia.
In this City he worked employed by two architecture firms.
In the first firm he was part of the design teams involved in large scale shopping centers, a large high rise office building and a museum that included an auditorium.
In the second firm, as its chief architect, he designed and supervised the construction of several low income HUD subsidized apartments, a high rise home for elderly, an early learning school and an apartment building in the City of Sarasota, Florida.
When he obtained his architecture license in the State of Florida in 1970, he planned to move to this State, which he did by July of 1971.
In Fort Lauderdale he was employed for four months as Project Architect in an architectural firm designing high rise condominium apartment buildings.
On November of 1971, he opened in Miami the Single Practitioner Architectural Firm "Angel C. Saqui, AIA, Architect", with a staff of 7 persons.
His son Angel C. Saqui, II, while studying architecture in the University of Miami, worked part time for the Firm.
When he graduated in 1985 and obtained his architecture license in 1988, he was made a partner of the firm on July of 1995.
At this point the Firm was converted to a Florida Limited Liability Partnership (LLP).
The three partners of the Firm were: Angel C. Saqui Sr, Angel C. Saqui II and Rosario C. Saqui.
The Firm continues to be involved in the design and construction administration of multiple types of projects including retail, restaurant/hospitality, automotive, corporate offices, educational, governmental, institutional/medical, industrial and residential both multi-family and custom homes.
To fulfill our clients visions and cultivate successful lifelong business relationships based on Trust, Honesty, Professionalism & Quality Designs that allow our clients to achieve their intended success.
Lincoln Dealership at Cutler Bay, Florida
Playa Plaza Shopping Center